What not to do:
- Do not use products other than neutral soap, such as bleach, household disinfectants, substances used to clean silver or ceramic products, detergents or chemical solvents that contain:
– muriatic acid;
– acetic acid or vinegar;
– sulfuric acid;
– sodium hypochlorite;
– formic acid;
- Do not pour or spray cleaning products directly on the tap. Liquid could get into the cracks and cause damage to the surface finish.
- Do not use tools such as abrasive sponges or tools that have come into contact with metals or other alloys (steel wool, brushes, abrasive discs). They could scratch the surface of the product, causing contamination and resulting in unsightly stains.
- Do not leave the surface of the faucet damp or wet, as the limescale contained in water residues could create unsightly opaque stains and/or alter the external finish of the product over time.
- In general, it is necessary to avoid contact with the vapors of hydrochloric acid coming from products used to wash floors – such as bleach – and to avoid the use of detergents containing chlorides, even in the areas adjacent to the products.
Thoroughly clean grout lines and joints before installing taps and faucets. Residues of glues and grout used during the installation of coatings are removed with corrosive chemicals whose strong fumes could irreparably damage our finishes.
Warnings: premium finishes
24 KT GOLD (OR)
The golden finish is made with a layer of real 24kt gold powder deposited through electrolytic baths. The products are not painted: they are crafter like real jewels and must therefore be treated with care. The thickness of the 24kt GOLD finish guarantees a long lasting product for timeless luxury.
TUMBLED BRASS (BU), NATURAL BRASS (ON), BRUSHED BRASS (OS)
Natural brass, tumbled brass and brushed brass are defined as “living finishes”. They are lively finishes in that they enhance a product’s material and its shades of color. Their appearances change over time and can be restored to their initial conditions with a soft cloth and non-aggressive creams, suitable for cleaning brass. They are “eternal” surfaces, constantly evolving. Ideal for those who love the contrast between modern and retro.
OLD IRON (FA), TUSCANY (TT), SATIN BRONZE (BM)
Achieved using an artisanal oxidation process, these finishes make for products with natural and authentic shades. They are manually crafted so as to recreate the appearance of cast iron, iron and weathering steel. In the process, various metal layers of different finishes are applied to the product. Subsequently, a manual brushing of the surface is operated before everything is finished with satin varnish that preserves the aged effect over time. The final result is not uniform and every single component appears different from others, unique and inimitable.
BRUSHED NICKEL (NS)
This finish, with a brass foundation, replicates the natural color of 316 stainless steel. It should not be confused with the Steel finish, more resistant and recommended exclusively for steel-based products, such as those of the TIME2020 collection . This finish is not protected by paints and undergoes a slight aesthetic evolution over time.